THE NATIONAL ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY REGION 7: CENTRAL VISAYAS
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
As members of the NEDA family and of this nation,
We are committed to uphold the Constitution
And the ideals of a nation united.
Ours is the task to formulate development plans
And ensure that plan implementation
Achieves the goals of national development.
In the performance of our mandate,
We shall be guided by the principles
Of private initiative and devolution of powers
That greater people participation in the
Development process may be achieved.
Guided by our faith in God and an inspired leadership,
Our hallmarks as a development institution
Shall be founded on unity and solidarity
And on the integrity, professionalism and
Excellence of each and every staff.
We shall be transparent in all our actions
And continue to adhere to the highest
Tenets of public ethics.
For ours is a caring agency responsive
To the needs of every member,
While working for the welfare of all.
Section 9, Article XII of the 1987 Philippine Constitution states that :
“The Congress may establish an independent economic and planning agency headed by the President, which shall, after consultations with the appropriate public agencies, various private sectors, and local government units, recommend to Congress, and implement continuing integrated and coordinated programs and policies for national development.
Until the Congress provides otherwise, the National Economic and Development Authority shall function as the independent planning agency of the government.”
REGIONAL OFFICE FUNCTIONS
- Serves as the technical secretariat of the Regional Development Council (RDC)
- Provides staff assistance to the RDC in coordinating plan formulation and implementation at the regional level
- Provides staff assistance to implementing agencies in the region in identifying and developing regional programs and projects
- Evaluates and reviews proposed programs and projects in the region for consideration by the RDC
- Monitors and assesses project implementation in the region
- Coordinates with regional offices of other departments and agencies and with the local government units in the region in the performance of their assigned tasks