With the support of its members and development partners, the Regional Development Council (RDC 7) will ensure that Central Visayas will move forward to greater success.
This was the assurance given by Bohol Gov. Erico Aristotle C. Aumentado when he took his oath of office last 21 November 2022 as RDC 7 chairperson. Administering Governor Aumentado’s oath in Tagbilaran City was Regional Trial Court Judge Jennifer L. Chavez-Marcos.
“I am 100% committed to this responsibility of directing Central Visayas toward becoming an even more progressive and united region against the backdrop of the pandemic and the devastation of (super typhoon) Odette. With the NEDA (National Economic and Development Authority) and other members of the RDC, I commit to lead, oversee, and supervise the inceptions and implementations of viable and sustainable programs, projects, and plans with ethics, integrity, and transparency,” Aumentado said.
He also assured that as RDC chairperson, he will serve as the link in connecting developments and steering opportunities for all the provinces and people of Central Visayas.
“Please work with me in ensuring that Central Visayas achieves sustainability in food security, economic progress, inclusive growth, shared prosperity, good governance, and better lives for everyone,” he added.
Aumentado and his co-chairperson Kenneth Cobonpue, who is also RDC-Infrastructure Development Committee chairperson, were appointed on 19 October 2022.
During the ceremony, NEDA 7 OIC Regional Director Dolores Molintas enumerated several milestones that await to be accomplished by the RDC. These include:
- Completion of the Central Visayas Regional Development Plan 2023-2028 and its accompanying documents,
- Monitoring of the results matrices of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals in the region,
- Review and approval of the annual proposed budgets of various regional line agencies and offices for endorsement to their respective central offices,
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Central Visayas COVID-19 Regional Recovery Program and Central Visayas Typhoon Odette Rehabilitation and Recovery Program,
- Assistance in the devolution of some executive powers from the national government to the LGUs, and
- Monitoring and evaluation of major projects in the region.
RD Molintas expressed optimism that with the support of the current set of RDC officers and members, Governor Aumentado “can lead our region towards the national medium-term goal of economic transformation for a prosperous, inclusive and resilient society.”